Monday, January 18, 2010

OUR EXPERIENCE IN THE BANK

Last week I was chatting with my friends on Skype. We discussed about what inconvenience that we had faced during we register an account in the bank, why they refused people with disabilities to register an account and etc.

Each of us shared our experience that we had faced before. My friend Yin said she wanted to register an account in Maybank but the bank staff refused her registration because she has voluntary movement. That’s out of logic. Even though she couldn’t use her signature. But she still able to thumbprint as well.

My father usually sent me to the Bank Simpanan National at Prima Tanjung of Penang regularly. Which the nearest from my house. Actually the service of the bank is also one of the important issues for the peoples with disabilities. Honestly they responded back to my father request only a couple of times. Normally they would feedback for example sorry we are still busy at the moment or we are short of people can you please bring your daughter come into the bank. After all my father felt since it was really hard to request for the service. So most of the time I was waiting in the car My father would helped me to get the bank receipt for me to thumbprint. All I need to do was just passed my identification card and the account book to him.

There was other trouble too. Sometime my brother would go to the bank with me. I told my brother to request one of the staff came out to meet me. I was intended to prove that I was the account user. But they refused too. No matter how my brother tried to communicate with them, they still feedback the same reason. If he wouldn't transfer me to go into the bank. They weren't allow me to get my welfare money. I could understand their situation but this made me feel so troublesome.

Chin2 advised me to send a letter to the headquarter of the bank. To improve their service. My friends said we must have the courage and responsibility to build the better environment for our peoples with disabilities

No comments: