Thursday, November 20, 2008

About Independent Living

I had received a call from my friend Anne in KL this afternoon. She arrived at independent Living Centre around 8:30pm last night. She told me everything was going well. Besides that she could manage herself transfer to the toilet. But there only had two washrooms for ladies. There were another four room mates share a room with her at upstairs. Unluckily the lift was under repair. So those maids needed to carry her up to her room.

Anne said may be some of us would not get use to the environment. For example: It was just like an office. There were around 40 disabled people or even more stayed at the Centre. They looked after themselves. Three maids worked in the Centre. They would help those who were unable to take care of their own. One of the maid had become Anne personal assistant.

Next week Anne must admit in the hospital for three weeks. They will test her ability of independent. That mean's she will need to take care of herself. Without anybody help (As same as the training.) The official will try to apply a job for her after the test. I'll discover the place myself when I visit her next month.

No comments: